R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya F104 Version 2
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 04:01 PM
robk
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xevias
Hey Rob (and everyone else)

I've watched a lot of the videos on your rcf1 blog channel and have a few questions that others may want to know too.

Does your weight distribution for the F104 carry over to the F104v2?
Not really. The lead was really for a TCS spec car on Tamiya's original tires. The Pit and "TCS" tamiya tires are light years better, so the lead is not really needed. You can also help the rear grip by pulling out the center screw on a t bar car, which is illegal for TCS.

The V2 seems like it has some more side bite...but I have not run it a ton on asphalt.

Will more weight over the front axles cause mid and exit corner push?
It should help on power steering. It should also slow down how quick the car reacts. Maybe less rotation, more rear weight makes the car act more like a pendulum.

Why put 60g on rear chassis instead of the rear pod?
Its sprung weight that way, so you're not trying to control an extra 60g with the spring and t bar. Also, the car was really designed for NIMH cells, which probably weighed that much more anyway.

What are the two effects?
Not sure what you mean, I haven't watched the video in a while..

This is a reaction to Rsector releasing that metal pod and diffuser.

I can't find a good balance between off power spin outs and on power push. Hoping adding weight will give me a wider setup window.

Reduce rear droop (~1mm) and keep front droop down as well (.5-1mm). You might want to motor boat the car, low rear ride height, high front.

And since almost everything is legal here, any suggestions on treating the Pardus handout tires? Sanding? Softening?

Thanks everyone.

Hope this helps