R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Joseph16
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1FastVW
You definitely don't need a serpent to be competitive, but kyosho (in-general) does lack the driver support and set-ups that the serpent car has readily available. That being said, I raced at FBF today, and after some tinkering I managed to finish 2nd in the A about a lap and a half down from one of the sweep guys (Jose ????). This with a brand new Roma just broke-in the day before. My point is that you don't need a serpent to be fast...I lapped a whole lotta them today...It's all about your set-up and driving skill...

Rich Peters (a.k.a. Kyosho Rich)
Yeah rich behind me lol!!! How u doing bro??? Im selling my gt2 if you know anybody let me know. You and garret knows how good my car is!!!

Originally Posted by J-milz
Was at a local GT8 event this past weekend and it seemed as, if you weren't driving a serpent you wasn't competitive. I purchased a $175 GT1 from the forum and want to get this car up to speed. I was thinking of using the below items from kfactory.....any thoughts?

http://www.kfactoryracing.com/showBi.../K80/K8040.jpg
Listen i can speak about the difference between gt and the cobra because i ran the kyosho and now i run the serpent. Nobody can compare the quality of serpent with kyosho car at least in the gt class!!! The kyosho car is a ready to run car that you would have to invest a lot of money to make it competitive starting from shocks, cvd, sway bars, straight cut diff, C-hubs, hubs carriers, 2 speed etc.
After all these upgrades i was one of the fastes guys with a gt in my area but after spend almost 600 dollars.

The serpent cobra is the perfect car to buy because comes with all the racing components from factory. The car just need a good servos and a decent engine and i will guarantee you that you will be competitive using paolo morganti set up from the serpent web site.
Im now running my cobra and i can say that i am 1/2 a second faster with the cobra than with my kyosho, also i can say that the cobra is more consistent and reliable.