R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 11-12-2012, 04:48 PM
EDWARD2003
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

How many of you balance the rear pod of your F1 car?

The reason I ask is last night I stumbled upon rccartips website (very helpful) and noticed a picture of two spikes balancing a F1 rear pod. I decided to take it upon myself to do the same with my f103 rear pod. Now, its not a standard read pod nor are the components being used. The rear pod is Yeah Racing one piece aluminum motor pod, the axle is a Kawada ball differential unit.

I came to discover that the pods (non-drive side) needed 28g's to balance the pod effectively. Yikes! That's a lot of weight IMO. However, it kills two birds with one stone by balancing the pod but also situating more weight to the rear axle.

Also, I decided to look at the front suspension springs and noticed one spring was larger than the other. I do remember someone on here posting about front springs tending to collapse or stretch resulting in a tweaked chassis. I assume during a crash the coils got damaged or very well it might of been defective.