R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 12:37 PM
wwddww34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by rcsuicide
I've got a question for those of you who run a Novak Ballistic 25.5 and a Novak GTB2 ESC. Has your VTA ever stalled after rolling to a stop? For some reason my VTA will not move after the car has come to a complete stop. If somebody gives it a push it will go just fine. I have already run Novak's Hall Sensor Test™ on my GTB2 and all the LEDs show that the timing sensor is working 100%. I also swapped out the sensor wire just to make sure it not a wire issue. But the car still does not move from a dead stop!
Yes. I had the same thing happen to me at the USVTA Southern Nationals. I had a Ballistic 25.5 and a Speed Passion Cirtix Stock Club ESC. My VTA just would not start moving after coming to a complete stop. I replaced the Speed Passion ESC with a brand new Novak Edge ESC and the problem disappeared.

There was nothing wrong with the Ballistic motor, it was the ESC that had a problem. So my guess is that you may have something wrong with the GTB2 ESC. It could be a bad sensor input or a bad motor drive circuit.