R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 11:52 AM
chongo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I fully understand the USVTA rules and because Novak helped to create the class so USVTA stands behind them.
We do this too because ORCA made a special brushless system for our Mini series.

I do see however 8 esc's that aren't novak in the rule set on the website but why aren't the hobbywing esc's listed on the PDF?
I run the Cirtix by the way.

Some people are anti manufactures and that's fine, but a motor isn't going to cause you car to burst in flames if geared right.
I had a Novak 10.5 way over geared in my SCT and all it did was stop. It was somewhere like 250F-300F......
I've never seen an on road esc flame! If plugged in backwards, (Operator error) it was just a puff of smoke.

Originally Posted by Flying Monkey
After the beating mine took at the GORC Im thinking about getting a new body, all the traction rolls I got in the main killed it. So far the 68 camaro has worked the best for me, although I have a Cuda body sitting here unpainted. Ill probably just get the camaro again.
I tried the javelin, but like the Boss 302 better. To bad the front of the Boss is so weak and flimsy.
Shoo Goo and some vinyl screen made it strong though.

Last edited by chongo; 11-12-2012 at 12:06 PM.