R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New LRP Flow Esc
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 08:33 AM
syndr0me
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Tower has it pushed out to mid-Nov now.

I ordered mine from rcMart and have it installed in my car and ready for use tonight. On the bench, at least, I'm really impressed with it so far. The new solder tabs are a winner. That's a very excellent solution without going to posts which apparently introduce a lot of resistance according to LRP.

I will say, though, that LRP is getting spanked by their competition when it comes to build quality. The aluminum portion of the case including the heat sink are pretty cheap looking. Companies like Orca and Hobbywing are media blasting (or something) their aluminum where LRP is just the plain old machined aluminum. Also, the packaging is terrible, and in fact one of my heat sink fins was slightly bent because the ESC was crammed into a box that's too small.

I realize these things don't matter on the track, but a lot of people care about presentation, and that's one area where LRP is falling behind. Have a look at your main competitors and see how they're stepping up their game, and making you feel a bit better about dropping $200+ on yet another ESC.