R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 11-08-2012, 04:35 AM
ta04evah
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sosidge
THIS is the fundamental issue. If you go straight from full throttle to full brake, there is a soft delay in the braking. If you pause momentarily at neutral, then the brakes are strong. It's not a sound platform for racing. This quirk is not apparent on some older versions of the software (205MOD for example), so it must be a bug.
With zero timing (blinky) racing gaining popularity, braking performance is going to become a key performance factor.
I have been advised to try using 4 caps instead of the 2 that are on my esc to see if that also helps to increase the brakes.

I'm more than happy with the performance of my hobbywing esc's, along with the level of support I received when I had an issue with one of them, which was resolved at a level that was highly satisfactory.

I am sure that Angelo & HW are aware of the "soft" braking withing the "blinky" software and hopefully working towards a resolution.
Perhaps a update on the progress could be given to let us know that HW is working towards a updated version of the no timing software?

Cheers
Rob.