R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Drift Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 05:59 PM
godsspeed
Tech Initiate

Default newb looking for guidance (sprint 2 drift)

Hey all!! IM A NEWB! HAHAHAHA (not exactly to rc, but to drifting)

i got a used sprint 2 drift and looking to do some upgrades/mods. I need to get a rx box, plan on upgrading the tx/rx (thinking the stock hpi sprint radio set or the traxxas tqi (familiar with the feel of traxxas controller... hpi controller looks weird with the wheel 'in the middle'...kinda freakin me out! hahaha), may need a new steering servo, getting some new (and spare) belts, mod the front and rear diffs (both lock and allow the pebbles an escape route). i've searched and have found several threads, but am kind of disappointed that there arent any hpi sprint 2 drift specific forums (used to the traxxas model specific forums...spoiled i guess). so are there any forums where the sprint 2 drift is real popular/active that i should join?

- where can i get all of these color alum. parts that i see?? purple seems to be one option, but i'd rather not go with that color (but can always paint)
- what would be a good steering servo (stock?) response and amount is more important than torque
- whats a good lipo that fits?

your patience is appreciated!!

(i will add that i am currently still searching this forum for existing sprint 2 threads and have found some keepers!)