R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Lab C-02
Thread: Lab C-02
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 04:57 AM
DS Motorsport
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speed6
Hey people is it just our track or does 1/10 car handling change so much??

Well last week i did some testing since i received the Cap Progressive springs

I normally find that the car has better steering / handling running full red springs against black full springs.

Ran the Progressive and it felt that the car had better sterring but wasn't that stable.

Ran Front Progressive with REar REDS and it got a bit better but no so different

Ran Front Progressive with Rear BLACKS and it was all over the place and steering became to much aggresive.

Is there some sort of popular combinations for the Progressives and how come they felt they had more steering more than the REDS?

By the way i am running the car lenth with a 1MM shorter as tried the 2MM but was to aggresive but i quite liked the 1MM even though its not easy to drive as it is with the long wheels base.
Thanks
When there isn't any traction every car will slide. Also when the traction is low driving becomes more important compared to setup.

With the progressive springs the initial reaction will improve because of the softer spring rate in the beginning.
They do need a good amount of traction because they are quite hard after the initial roll.
We may need red progressive springs, I will make the suggestion to Capricorn.

With the Capricorn cars 99% of the time I run the same color springs in the front and rear and the car feels really balanced.

I always run the car in the long wheelbase configuration, tried the short wheelbase several times but never liked it. Always felt like the car over rotated in mid corner.

The quickest fix to get rid of oversteer is increasing the rear toe. If the traction is low you can easily go to 3,5 degrees of rear toe in.

Don't know which tires you are running, but with the Capricorn tires I also make the rims softer on a low traction track using the Capricorn rim reamer tool. This makes the car a lot easier to drive and it increased corner speed.