R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T4 '13
Thread: Xray T4 '13
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 11:33 AM
morgoth
Tech Elite

Drove my T4 for the first time with a modified motor (LRP X12 5.5T) and the car was good! With the Sorex 28 tires I used in the morning, my car was very aggressive on the steering around the noon when the grip came up. When I switched to Ride 32 tires, the steering wasn't that aggressive anymore, but my overal steering also went down.

I'm thing of fitting a softer front spring or also using the progressieve springs in the front. Anyone tried this?

And how do the ECS shafts compare to the stock shafts? When I'm about to go full lock, my rearend wants to break loose. I'm thinking that the car is breaking because of the extra resistance when you're close to full lock and that that is causing a lose rearend. Going from 1.5mm shims in the rear to 2mm shims calmed the rear down on turn in. I also tried 1mm but that was undriveable, however in 10.5T stock that worked pretty good.

So, do the ECS shafts make the car calmer on turn in? (I guess so, but I don't want to spend 80euros to find out) And how do the Spec R V2 axles hold up in modified racing?