R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Nitro Pitting / Shortage of HELP
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 07:37 AM
houston
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by McD44
I just got back into the hobby this past spring. Picked up a SCTE and a XXX-SCT on the recommendation of the hobby shop, "because that's what's big now". I hated the parachuting and didn't really care for either of the vehicles, especially the XXX-SCT so I traded the SCTE for a Dingo DNX408 that had been converted to electric. I loved the larger scale and especially loved the handling and speed. I met a fairly local guy who has been into Nitro for years and is a good driver. His suggestions to pick up a nitro buggy kept ringing in my memory.

Long story short, I only have Nitro cars right now. I will probably pick up an e-buggy this winter to be able to run an extra class if Truggies aren't running and to be able to run indoors easier but man do I love the Nitros. I love the challenge of tuning the engine and really love the long mains.

I have done one Nitro race and I did have a hard time finding a pit man. Someone always came through for me though and I had an absolute blast during the 30 minute mains. There is a much stronger feeling of accomplishment when you complete a Nitro main compaed to an e-main. You made it, your car made it and you feel great about it.
Awesome!

Thats just awesome , nitro is fun as hell and a big pita all at the same time

There are dirtbags in every class who for some reason dont think they should help out when in reality it takes a community effort to keep things going on a club/local level . Do your best to help out and everything usually works out , dont expect anything from anybody and be very grateful for anything or any help you get

Happy motorin',
Monty