R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T4 '13
Thread: Xray T4 '13
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 05:48 PM
FLAT OUT
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Some more racing tonight at Newbury in the UK.

In practice tried 2.7 rear springs so I had the same at both ends. This did increase initial steering and made the car more aggressive, but it resulted in the rear breaking loose if you weren't smooth (virtually how my T3'12 was)

Went back to progressive springs.

Next up, more bump steer. I got a former national winning driver to try my car and he said it had lot of initial but lacked mid.
So I added 1mm of bump steer which helped mid corner, added another 1mm for the final so I ended up running 3mm bump steer.

Also tried a gear diff with 2000cSt instead of 1000cSt.

Although the 2000cSt diff didn't appear much faster, 0.02 etc, it did make the car feel more consistent so I was able to stay closer to my fastest laps more often.

So by the end of the evening had kit carpet setup except; 3mm bump steer, 2000cSt in diff and the rear shocks were in the top hole. LTC-R body.

Car felt very good, got my fastest lap to within 0.25s of our 5 times BRCA national champion Chris Grainger's fastest (which is superb by my standards )

Hopefully they'll put the video's up tomorrow so I'll link to it so you can see the results of the changes
Hi Skiddins,
Did you use the kit 350 shock oil and roll centre positions ??