R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Passion Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Xenolance
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have a few questions for the fine Speed passion folks, kinda long so sorry for that.

1. I RMA'ed my Reventon R and it arrived yesterday at your US address. I looked at the site but couldn't find a place to "Inform you" of the tracking number from my RMA, it just seems to want to recreate an RMA for the same item, no way to update or even see the status of my RMA.

2. I ordered the ESC on 30-8-2012. It took almost 3 weeks to arrive as it came from the international warehouse. It then sat in the box unopened until my new Spec-R R1 arrived as I didn't have a car to put it in and bought it specifically for my new Spec-R. When I opened the box and read the warranty card it said I only had 30 days to register it for the extended warranty from the date of purchase. Does this mean my RMA will not be honored?

The card was updated to 2.4 before flashing and the ESC was used for one run without issue. I needed it in Blinky mode so I tried to flash it to the correct STOCK V18 firmware and then the ESC stopped functioning once I connected it back to my receiver. The Fimrware update said it was successful and gave no hint of an issue.

3. Maybe someone else has had better luck than I at finding a good gear setup for a Comp V3 Silver can

Medium track size, medium traction asphalt.
17.5T Blinky spec with a Speed passion Comp V3 motor and HW Xerun Justock ESC. (Temporary until/if Speedpassion fixes my Reventon R)

I tried a 107T Spur with a 58T Pinion.. The pinion was a nightmare to get on and it sticks way above the top deck. The car has no snap at all in the straight.

I then tried an 86/46T setup and it was maxing out the slots in the motor mount and still it'd slip teeth. 86/47 worked but it's still slower than other folks with the same motors. I tried 86/50 and it's it's not noticeably different. The motor has never ran over 140°F since I got this car. Of course I'm just getting back into TC from F1 pan cars so not a lot of history for me to work from.

The problem seems two fold as it has no punch out of the corner and no top end either. I've tried two different SP motors and they both seemed about the same as far as I could tell. Assuming everyone else is running actual blinky spec in the ESC, what combo should I give a try next week to get the motor to perform a bit better ? I've tried 3.3 - 3.7FDR and not sure what would be best with this motor, I can't find a Speed passion gearing chart anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated from the SpeedPassion reps!