R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 11-01-2012, 09:31 PM
COBRARACING
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Radio Active
I had an unusual issue last night with a 120A 1S that I was hoping someone could maybe shed some light on.

Twice after a fairly hard hit the ESC seemed to go into a limp mode, or behave like the motor was running on only 2 poles. Upon inspection there was nothing mechanically wrong with the car and the gear mesh was fine, all the wires were making good connections. Both times it was near the end of a run, but there was still plenty of charge in the battery. The motor was at 65*C and the ESC 35*C. After turning the car off and back on again later the problem was gone. I haven't encountered anything like this before. Is it normal?
yes i have seen it before and when you reset the esc by turning on and off its fine .

Please check your rx cable going to your receiver to make sure it is plugged in properly and also your sensor cable as both could have moved during the impact and then could have made contact again because they have open circuit you have to reset the esc for it to fucntion again as it will come up with the error .