Thread: USGT
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 10:08 AM
JCarr
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Good info here.

Originally Posted by robk
Protoform sedan (not WGT) Corvette -discontinued but if you can find one it is a very good neutral all around body. My favorite to start with.
I have not run one, but the Tamiya Corvette is supposed to be very good as well.

Tamiya NSXs of various types are popular and work well. They have been popular within the TCS format as well...good bodies

HPI Lotus bodies - small greenhouse, good downforce, pretty short

HPI McLaren F1 supercar - short body, lots of steering on a carpet track or when bite is up..low profile.

HPI NSX 2012 USVTA Scale Nats champion in USGT...what else do you need to know?

HPI 350Z very popular, i have not run it, but I have had really good reports from other racers.

HPI Honda S2000 - Have not run it, but there seem to be a ton of them running around my area. A pretty short body, so maybe it steers more??

HPI Saleen S7: Mello yello, easy to drive especially on big outdoor tracks.

Tamiya BMW M3 GT - great body, works well.

Basic way to look at bodies you like and consider running:

Length: Sort or long? Longer bodies tend to be more stable. Shorter bodies turn harder, but can be a handful if you don't have enough grip.

Greenhouse or cab: The smaller the better, improves airflow/downforce.

Splitter: Bodies with a pronounced splitter will make the car steer more. GT/Sedans without a splitter and a somewhat blunt nose (some BMWs or Altezzas for instance) will be push machines.
Originally Posted by bvoltz
Can anyone share in general the handling characteristics between the top 5 bodies used in this class. The reason I'm asking is I have heard that the NISSAN 350Z NISMO GT has less rear grip then others... Just looking for a comparison.