R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Passion Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 09:43 AM
Solara
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vr6cj
BTW I appriecate the help. thanks,

Ok, so here what happened from start to setup button not working.

I got a new Rev Pro and have ran it fine in 2wd for last couple weeks. Great esc and very smooth. I installed the Reventon software v1.1.0.18 on my win7 laptop shortly after getting esc but nvr used or updated my esc on the laptop. I used just stock software that came with the esc from Speed Passion. Ran mod.

So recently there hasnt been enough for mod class and I wanted to run 17.5 blinky. No software yet, so I waited.

Last week v19 came out.

Cool, download v1.1.0.19 and uninstalled v1.1.0.18 on my laptop then installed v1.1.0.19. Now mind you I havent updated the LCD programmer. so it has v2.2 that it came with stock.

I hooked up the lcd programmer and esc to laptop. Battery is disconectted btw. Started up the Reventon software and I updated to Stock0 v18-b308. Right after the update was succecful I disconnected the esc from lcd programmer. When I go to turn it back on and try to setup I noticed the issue. Setup button wont go into calibration or turn off esc now.

Ok, so go on here to ask about it and one said to make sure the LCD was latest version. I updated the LCD programmer to v2.4 and tried reverting back to the older software and no change. I even unistalled v1.1.0.19 and put v1.1.0.18 back on but that did not fix it.
I wish those who contact me and report the problem can explain to me what happened to them like what you just wrote here...very detail, and I am well aware of this case now. I will do that myself and see is that a software problem or not.

I believe I know a backend fix on this issue but I am not 100%, I need to try it tonight. I will get back to you tomorrow. Thanks for reporting this to me.