R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 07:20 AM
pickled
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by eunique
that not good...
hope it didn't mess it up too much.

btw..with those spacers you used on the rears..it's not too tight? you still have good play that the lower arms don't bind?
I used the spacers all round! It's perfect no play no binding after greasing as it went together and then working the arms up and down about ten times before reattaching the hubs and upper arm. It was a bit tight at first but loosened up, they are a fraction bigger than the standard plastic spacer. I guess you could adjust the wheel base by about 2 to 2.5mm per wheel in either direction to fit your body better? I just wanted to shim it to decrease any play in the arms and it worked out well!

Yeah the radio fell out of the box I cart my car around in, I tried to catch it with my foot but it bounced off my leg and spun so the switch I had added to it hit the ground first ramming the post inside itself. I have a cheap GT3C and the original switch is inside the wheel after a while the wires start to bind and get weak then break, so I re routed the wires to a switch at the back, but I put the switch in a bad position cause this is the second time I've dropped it on the switch and had to replace it so I moved it to a position above the webbing between thumb and finger on the hand grip, If it hits the ground again the switch won't be damaged. But it will probably break the lcd next time.

After I fixed my radio again I took the car for a blast at my favourite space except it was raining so I had to take it under cover on tarmac which responded more like my LHS drift track really slippery!

Last edited by pickled; 10-31-2012 at 07:35 AM.