R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent Cobra GT
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 09:46 AM
bassman2
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default 2012 ROAR Region 9 Onroad Championship

The ROAR Region 9 Onroad Championship was held on 27th and 28th of October 2012 at Gulf Coast Raceway (Mikes Hobby Shop) in Porter, TX. The weather was slightly on the cold side with temperature low around 40s and high around 60s.
GT8 (Super GT) class
On the qualifying day racers were trying to find the best setup for their cars. Several racers were struggling with their cars’ rear end not “hooking up” so I spent some time helping anyone who needed assistance as well as provided some base setup tips and troubleshooting for other cars at the pit side. As far as my own car, I was looking for some more steering at mid corner. I made some adjustments throughout the qualifying rounds and tried various tires that would give me the best laptimes and good tire wear overall. As result I TQ’ed at the end of qualifying day with my Serpent Cobra GT as well as my new Sweep EXP 45 ROKs. During the main my engine was slightly too rich thus the car was not consistently shifting to the 2nd gear. Extra pit stops were needed to adjust the engine setting. Finally the car was on its way to victory and got me the 1st place win.
I had a really good time and after talking to other Serpent GT owners the consensus was that Serpent Cobra GT is a very good car in terms of quality, drivability, and durability. I am very proud to be part of the winning Serpent team USA.
I love to make new friends and meeting old ones at all the races that I attend. A big thank you to all my sponsors (Desotoracing, Sweep Racing Tires, RadioPost radio, VP PowerMaster fuel, Max Velocity, and IGT Hobbies) and Mikes Hobby Shop for hosting another fun event for us racers.

Until next time,

Andy Liu “Flyin Hawaiian”

Here is a short warmup video by Darren G.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gwr7eoqa3PY

[/QUOTE]

Last edited by bassman2; 10-30-2012 at 10:41 AM.