R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 02:58 PM
EAMotorsports
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DontChangeUSVTA
Is there a web page where I can purchase EAM batteries?
I have my next shipment that will be here tomorrow. I sold the first order of them in a matter of days. This order is larger.

Originally Posted by markt311
Gens Ace are a good value for the money. They don't last very long though. Mine gave up after 8 months, always balanced and stored at 1/2 charge. EA puts out the highest quality items. He has done his homework testing all the popular batteries. You might not see much of a difference in VTA because the current draw is low. But if I were buying a battery I would go for EA
Thanks Mark!

Originally Posted by oceanhighz
More feedback on the EAM versus the Gens Ace, please? Explanation or comparison would be helpful
Originally Posted by nubie-wan
Gens Ace work well for me. I also have some Venoms but they don't seem any better for the money.

The Genace batteries are made by a factory that can make really really good lipos.....for about 8-10 cycles and then they start to loose mah, voltage and ir goes up. They use a chemical that makes them react really hard the first few cycles but at the expense of cycle life. You may not notice the drop in MAH running VTA due to the lower amp draw and not getting that deep into the discharge curve. I tested a lot of samples from this factory and if they could make a lipo with the performance of the first few cycles last the whole life of the pack they wold be great! Its also the reason why they are much cheaper than other packs. The chemical used for this is much much cheaper since its of a lower grade. There are several other companies that use this same factory for their cells. Most of the more economical cells come from this place and all act the same way.

For the money and certain applications they are good packs as long as your cycle life isnt a priority.

Hope maybe that helps

EA