R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC 1/10 Pan Car
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 08:00 PM
Still Bill
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by briankstan
I have a CRC Gen X10 LE, our club has switched from running 1 Cell to a 2 Cell setup. I'm trying to figure out what I need to make the change. If anyone can help with what I need it would be greatly appreciated.

Here are a few questions I have.

1. are different posts required for the battery mount brace, if so what ones?
2. what size of battery is used, is it one of the shorty 2 cell packs?
3. anything else required?

another questions I have is the reverse mount servo front end an improvement over the stock setup? what the advantages?

thanks
Brian,

1. When my original Gen X-10 was setup for 2S packs, I used a combination of longer screws, nuts and washers to allow the proper amount of height room for the taller 2S packs.
2. Some tracks previously limited the 2S packs in WGT cars to certain a certain mahr rating. Check with the track or your fellow racers to find out if that applies to you. If limited to something like 4200 mahr, the shorty pack would certainly be my choice because you can move it back and forth for optimal chassis tuning.
3. You did not mention unboosted/boosted for the ESC or what motor windings are allowed; so, there could be a lot more. Is this just an optional WGT setup?

Especially with a larger 2S pack, the reverse mount servo will allow you more room for your electronics setup. The reverse mount is always on both of my cars. Never looked back.

Bill