R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 09:10 AM
NTR
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have been running the rb6 in mid motor at my local indoor off road track. Our track is just normal packed dirt, no clay. We run green barcodes front to rear or m4 suburbs.

Some of the changes i made to the setup:
Rear:

Softer rear springs (golds)
Im running 25 wt shock oil with stock pistons in the rear
Rear camber link as low and as short as possible
0 degree alum rear hubs
The alum wide arms mounts in the rear
Im running the rb5 wc rear arms
Rear shock position is all the way inside on tower and all the way out side on the arms.
I raised the transmission up 1 mm
Running a little a little square piece of carbon fiber under the transmission
.5 anti squat

Chassis lay out:

17.5 high rpm novak ballistic motor geared 28/69 with 45 degrees on timing on the end bell, and blinky on the esc
I am running the receiver next to the motor and the esc on the receiver mounting plate
I run a crc shorty pack 40c 4200mah
A savox 1258tg servo with transponder mounted on top of it

Front:
Running the stock springs with stock pistons and 32.5 wt shock oil
The shocks are mounted in the middle of the tower
With them on the outside of the arms
Total caster is 30 degrees
The camber link has no shims under it on the caster blocks and is all the way out side on the bulkhead with 2mm under it
I run the steering rack turned around and i have not broken the rack yet either.

Tebo's local track is the track that i work at, he said the first batch of rb6's chassis were milled down a little to low (obviously) so the next batch will be fine. You guys also gotta remember he is not running a production kit, which is why he is not having the chassis problem. He also runs the old rear a arms because it lets him drive the car harder. He said 95% of people will like the new arms vs. the old ones.

I have done a lot of testing with the mid motor and i am still changing things each day. My car is close, just needs a few more tweaks.

Also i apologize for not just posting a pdf for my setup sheet, i am in the middle of class right now on my ipad lol.