R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 12:16 PM
pickled
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RC-Jay
I been drifting a 50/50 sprint 2, ordered a D3 kit that should be here today or tomorrow. Althought my sprint 2 is going to be my main drifter for now since its all hopped up and im going to do a slow build on the D3 gathering electronics and what not, plus a new transmitter to run 2 cars from it :/ CS is going to be fun I wanted to CS my Sprint 2 but dont wanna hack it up to much so I rather keep a 50/50 and CS drifter

But for the D3 what will be the first hop ups / mods will I need to get the car sliding right?
they slide pretty good! A front oneway will probably be your first mod. The Sakura Zero oneway fits (SAK-59/V2). Once you work out how to drift it you'll love it. The hop ups will be out November/December so you'll probably end up completely rebuilding it in carbon and alloy like the most of us here hanging for the release of the parts. Alloy pulleys will be good investment and the diff pulleys will be available soon. When you get the kit rebuild the axles straight away and grind the pins flat for the grub screw to lock onto. They aren't assembled properly from the factory! But even without any hop ups this chassis is great fun! Check out rcMart they have hop ups grouped by chassis brand and model so the stuff under D3 should fit without any problems, I bought heaps from there and it all fitted fine

Last edited by pickled; 10-23-2012 at 12:55 PM.