R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 07:52 AM
DARKSIDE
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
staying with the best lipo for VTA...Reedy 5000 25C Wolfpack...just need one for this chassis...Im using same lipo for 2 classes...lol...ran 3 classes Sunday, with one charger LRP Pulsar Touch, and 2 lipos...Wolfpack and Reedy 6500 65C

I tried all of these years ago...and the performace was never better than natural wear...

dope the tire with sauce and run it...tire warmers help as well..this will give you the longest wear and use of the tires...imo

Now for big events that require tread across and break in is not possible...here is my trick

new set of tires and open the package
remove the foams and put the tires in the bag
add Reino's Magic Marinade to the tires in the package
fold the top of the package and seal it(staples)
massage the tires and sauce in real good
put them out in the sun for a 1 hour or 2( but make sure you watch them, you dont want them to swell)
then remove the tires from the bag and clean with Reino's cleaner
let them completely dry
finally let them sit like I do for reg club mount
extra soft and very ready to turn fast laps off the start
draw back...tires wear really fast
Grinding of tire tread is NOT permitted. Sanding of mold seam to remove seam is allowed. HPI Vintage Slicks and HPI Vintage Performance Tires are not allowed. Tire traction compounds are at the discretion of the track. No other altering, changing or softening of the tire is allowed. No "double stuffing" of foam inserts allowed—only single stock vintage tire inserts are allowed.

sorry guys this method is in violation of the rules...