R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 05:58 PM
Radio Active
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
So we got apps on smartphones for everything... I use my gear/rollout chart app constantly... One of the biggest pains I have is the axle height spacers... Can we get an app that lets us put in tire diameter, wanted ride height and it spits out the axle height spacer that will get us the closest... PLEASE!

Would be quite popular.. Maybe tire diameter range in like .1 mm increments in a range down the side and spacers in .25 range across the top and the chart shows ride heights. Yes I can drop $85 on a Tamale pod but a cheap app is cheaper...

Found this info but I can't get it to open...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...cket-pc-2.html
Let's see... your ride height, r, will be equal to half your tyre diameter, d, less the offset of the ride height adjuster, a, and the offset of the pod, p, i.e.

r = d/2 - p - a

So, measure your current tyre diameter, ride height, and read off the offset on the adjuster (the CRC ones have it written in mm), then plug the numbers in to get p:

p = d/2 - r - a.

p may well be different between cars. Let's say for argument that we did the measurement and it is 20 mm.

Now that you know p you will always be able to find what you need. Say you've got a rear tyre measuring 44 mm, and you want 4mm ride height then:

a = d/2 - r - p

a = 22 - 4 - 20

a = -2.

You'd put in the 2mm adjuster. If you get a positive number then put the adjuster in upside down.

Ok, it's not an app, but it's a few measurements and nothing more complicated than division and subtraction.