R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 07:01 PM
pickled
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tworrs
Can't find a SAK-59/V2 anywhere , still not built my chassis, will order the belt tensioner and one way ., and that's it, any probs the thing is going on eBay, did make a unboxing video on you tube, think my name is superhttm over 300 views, well impressed lol
Hey don't stress your bound to come across a few problems, I did but persevered and now I'm starting to understand how to drive this chassis! A word of advice; take the CVD's apart add some grease and dremel the pins flat where the grub screw touches it, put back together with thread lock (locktite) on the grub screw! I haven't had any issues since doing this and you know they were assembled properly. Make sure you set up the chassis properly do the camber with a guage and set your ride height, I have to adjust my ride height all the time cause the tyres get chewed up and it lowers the height as they wear out lol. The one way is going to be fun getting hold of now every D3 owner knows the SAK-59/V2 fits it. But keep your eye out, rcMart will probably have some in stock in the next couple of weeks even 3racing is out of stock!

Originally Posted by RcJunky76
Great to see so much action still going on with this rig. Pickled, glad to see you pulled threw the stress..
I got side tracked with my winter snow race truck so havent done anything to my D3 but today just pulled it back out and it's now sitting on my bench. Need to place an order for my body and some parts to catch up with you guys..lol Has the belt tensioner worked or have some still trashed belts? Has anyone tried fuel tubing for the front wheel chatter?
The wheel chatter is caused by excessive angle on the universal the stock CVD's aren't made to cope with the full lock the bellcrank, knuckles and hubs can provide. I added an idler pulley to my tension post and haven't had any sign of a trashed belt so far. Fixed my axle issues with a dremel and put a set of double cardins in the front.

Last edited by pickled; 10-20-2012 at 07:48 PM.