R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 11:58 PM
Cameron Kellogg
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skengines
What timing are you guys running for a 2WD buggy? B4.1. I have the new black can 8.5 motor.

Also anyone having issues with the shaft being too long and hitting the cover plate?

The issues with the Tekin RS. Has that been resolved?
Originally Posted by rangerjkb
Apologies for the late reply, due to being out of town. Recommend setting timing at 0*. If you need to smooth out bottom end, you can set timing to -5* or use ESC current limiter to reduce initial wheel spin. Have only seen issues with Tekin RS/Modified motors when used in 4WD platforms. Hope this is helpful.
Like Jason says setting the ESC at zero timing is the best with the lower wind motors. Running ESC timing just makes crazy power and the buggy wants to do wheelies everywhere. If you feel you need some timing I suggest running in dual mod. It mellows out the power feed of the timing. Just remember that the timing numbers are a percentage value with 100 being 30deg in dual mod. I personally think zero timing and more gear is the way to go in mod buggy.

I have had a couple rotors that did have long shafts on them. You can space the cover out a 1mm or so or cut the shaft. The long shaft was nice in the SC10 4x4 because the pinion is out so far. I have run Losi and AE buggies and normally grinding a little on the cover and 1mm is plenty for the shaft to gain clearance.