R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - "How To Properly Build And Break In a Ball Differential and Slipper Clutch"
Old 10-16-2012, 01:58 PM
Wildcat1971
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi b
Thanks Asharus, unfortunately no help there. I read 10 pages and they only want to blame the screw loosening itself on the diff being backwards. I've already stated that the diff was installed correctly.
To restate my issue, I have built and ran with great success quite a few Losi/TLR diffs, over 50 if I had to put a number on it. The diff in question was built, installed and broken in correctly. The slipper was set correctly to slip before the diff could slip. The reason I am asking the question is to see if anyone has ever identified what DOES cause the diff to loosen itself. Ive speculated along with TLR team drivers but none of us has been able to come to a conclusion as to what actually causes it to happen.
While I appreciate peoples guesses and ideas, I am trying to find out if anyone "KNOWS FOR A FACT" what causes the diff to loosen itself.
I have heard issues with the losi diff screw. I know several people are using the AE diff screw and nut.