R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 07:20 AM
bigwavedave33
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 1212 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Orion_2kTC
Captain a while back I commented on the RB5 and asked how user friendly it would be for someone who's never built a car. Well the same question applies here? Is it build friendly? Can I run stock out of the box and have success? I'd rather spend the extra $$ on quality than just get by.
There really isn't much that is required for the car outside of what is in the box to be very competitive besides the right tires for your track. The "upgrades" are not required and mostly bling. The only conciveabe upgrade would be .5 or 1 degree rear carriers if you need the rear traction. I have never broken a plastic rear carrier and I'm not the best driver. I'm hearing breaking of the steering rack here, but the way I see it, if you break the RB6 just like the RB5... it is your fault or the guy that hit you's fault. I have always run(RT5, SCR, RB5) plastic Tplates, plastic steering racks, and plastic hingepin holders in the front and not had issues. I race 2 - 3 times a month and am usually in the middle of the pack.