R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya F103 Forum
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 04:27 AM
CondeAfonso
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Hpimichael
how ever after the added brushless motor system i have no grip
lol!! Mine doesn't stick to the ground not even with a Tamiya Sport Tuned (black can)!!

I took it out to the track today but this car is behaving... useless to say the best. It spins every 5 meters: on throttle, of throttle, half throttle.. it doesn't really matter, it only goes straight.. on straights!

I thought it was the diff at first, so i spent a full night on it. Sanded the plates, used the appropriate oil, took a look at the right position of the conic washers (common mistake from what I've heard) at in the end i got it perfect. It's so extremely smooth it feels better than a gear one. And still no grip..

I tried all the tires combination... still no grip.

I built it scratch from parts and i think i got all the right stuff:
  • 3racing graphite gt chassis
  • standart GT from suspension (The best. I had the 3racing adjustable, but those turnbuckle top arms don't like crashes)
  • 3racing graphite long top deck
  • 3racing graphite t-bar
  • 3racing f103 shock
  • stock front t-bar mount
  • pillow ball rear t-bar mount

I think using the pillow ball on the rear mount helps a lot, it makes the side movement smoother and more spring like. It's only rear compression that seems a little too hard with the graphite t-bar. When on acceleration the car should squat a little and it really doesn't, witch might be a indication.. So, my thoughts now are:
  • Softer tamiya t-bar (maybe will be softer on suspension compression?)
  • Change the motor to silver can

Any opinions? The reason I'm totally lost here it's that my M-04 (also rear wheel drive) drives perfectly in the same track. I mean i could drive circles arround the f103 with it!!