R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Passion Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 06:22 AM
Timbo99
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default Software

Originally Posted by linkless
So I finally got a chance to put my Reventon Pro in my touring car and am running into major issues. I've updated the firmware on the programmer card and in the ESC and so far have tried Stock0 and Mod1 with the same results. Pulling the trigger nets no activity from the motor most of the time. If I roll the spur gear about a half turn and try again it works fine until I stop again. I thought it might be a sensor wire issue but 4 wires and 2 motors later there hasn't been a change in how it's acting. Just to be sure, I put the reventon S back with with the same battery/rx/radio/sensor wire/motor and everything works perfectly and is very smooth. With the Rev Pro it has the issue above and even when it works it doesn't sound very smooth. Has anyone else had this issue and does anyone have any ideas of anything else to try with it?

In case anyone is wondering, KO 408s rx, Futaba BLS351 servo, Novak Ballistic 17.5 motor. The entire setup has worked flawlessly with the Reventon S, the Novak Edge and Novak Kinetic ESC's so I'm quite certain it is something specific to the Reventon Pro.
Hi,
Quite a simple fix.
You can't run a 17.5 yet with the current software.It only is suited for motors UP too 10.5.....or lower turns (down to 4.5/4.0).
The software you need will be released soon for 13.5/17.5/21.5.
Just have to wait,shouldn't be far away.
Cheers
Tim