R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 01:33 PM
al dente
Tech Elite

for what it's worth.......

i ran my xti in the inline configuration all week at vegas. after practice, i was seeded 5th for the qualifying runs, with a fast lap of 10.2 and was on pace with the rest of the a main guys. poor driving left me out in the cold after qualifying, and i have no one to blame but myself, landing in the 19th qualifying spot. however, a good run in the main had me miss out on bumping to the "A" by .8 second, and had i not been taken out by a back marker in said main, with 10 laps to go, there would have been one more XTI in the "A" at vegas.

the inline configuration has proven that it it can be fast in all classes, from stock to mod. the beauty of this car is it's ability to be changed into what you want it to be. around the pits, one of the sayings i over heard was, "this car is the "play dough" of 1/12, because you can mold it into any shape you like."

kudos to frank for thinking outside the box, and giving us a truly remarkable car that gives you the option of doing what YOU want to do, instead of settling for a "one size fits all" approach. so for all of you people who think that you know what a car is supposed to be, and feel like, pick one up, and go to town. for some, the inline configuration will not be better, for others it will. remember, it's not the arrow....its the indian.

look for big things from this car in races throughout the year.