R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 10:30 AM
jpcopeland1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John.C
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm learning a lot about offroad 2wd buggies from this thread! I've modified my list by adding and removing items based on the recommendations. So far, the build/setup is going very smoothly. However, I've observed/ran into a few things that didn't go exactly as planned and/or wasn't clear in the manual/setup sheet.

1) Some filing/cutting was required on the underside of the "Front Upper Plate" to ensure it sat flush on top of the "Front Bulkhead". I'm not exactly sure why this piece was molded this way. I'm going to assume that I made the right call in removing this piece.

2) I want to confirm that 'Block position: In' = wider front track width and 'Block position: Out' = narrower front track width.

3) There is play/slop between the suspension bushings and the composite suspension holders. I hope that the alum suspension holders and the delrin bushings takes care of this issue.
You will still have slop in that area if you dont use the optional 3x5x.01, .02 .03mm washers options. I personally like a little bit of slop in that area especially when it comes to the aluminum suspension holders.