R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 10:55 AM
Jampot
Tech Adept

Just a quick one bd7 lovers, after I built mine awesome (crap shocks) IMO, I played with spur gears.
Now I've been racing 15 years and for as long as I can remember I have used rw racing for spurs and pinions
I have never stripped a spur nor had a poor quality one. They are light and ultra strong
So I know people are saying some spurs work some don't, xray do etc etc.

I made a call to neil at rw racing after I measured and worked out what's needed (writing it like that makes it sound more difficult than it was really)...
He is making some spurs for me to try for the bd7, I'm sure of my measurements so I'm confident.
With the standard spur the screws made contact with the pulleys and did not seat properly as I'm sure those who have played would know.

Anyone with rw 008 offset spurs its the same concept design, as I had them done.
They are 4 screw design and 80 to 120.... Plus teeth,3 mm thick I'm sure he will do 48 and 64 dp mine are 64 comin
I will let u know tomorrow. And attempt some pics if i can load up
P.s any one not running rw pinions, get them and try the hard light weight ones the are ultra light and perfect pitch. Great company great products.
Jay