R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Reedy Sonic
Thread: Reedy Sonic
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 10:27 AM
tobyzhang
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
Any advice on replacing the rear bearing? ASC please help? I had no problem with removing the front bearing after heating the bearing housing to expand the alum...bearing basically falls right out. To avoid removal and insert problems in the future, I used a .4995 flute reamer to remove the anodising coating from the front casing which holds the front bearing... the allows the front bearing to be snug enough to hold in place, but easy enough to remove with a bearing tool without the need to heat the bearing housing. The reamer is slightly undersized to the outer diameter of the front bearing. (I've done this for years with brushed motors and never had a problem)

However, due to the circuit board on the rear bearing casing, I dare not try to heat the rear bearing casing and have yet to figure out a way to remove the bearing, let alone insert a new one... Has anyone had any success?
The rear is not as tight as the front. I think you can simply flung the bearing out a little bit first and then use a L shaped wrench to scoop it out. A least that's how mine went.