R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent Cobra GT-E
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 02:14 AM
dhp101
Tech Rookie

Hi Guys,

I have finished my build of this car and have a few questions for the other builders. I contacted Serpent but still have not heard a thing. I'm a little disappointed. This was the best build I have done so far. I wont go into what I have done before but the quality and fit is excellent.
1. On page 7 & 11 it is unclear where to put the shims. The tip shows nothing and is confusing. I ended up with 1 shim either side of the pinion and bearing. The rear was too tight with 2 shims at the front. They need to make the tip clear of shim placement. There are shims on the drive cups which make it all to confusing.

2. Page 19. The sleeve in the rear brace is missing from the graphic. I assume the left over sleeve goes here?

3. For the life of me I cannot get the bottom shock mount to screw up to 33mm from under the shock body. I actually damaged the shafts trying to get there. I eventually went 33mm from the top of the bottom shock cap to the top of the lower mount.
If some one has a good way of cold taping the thread I would appreciate it.

4. Page 21. the lower shock pins are too long. Both are same size for front and rear. The rear is sticking out where as the front is pushed in completely. Even the grub screw on the back is not aligning properly and wants to push the pin out further.

It would be nice to know if anyone else found the same problems?