R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho TF-6
Thread: Kyosho TF-6
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 07:56 AM
theatriks
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Me_MrTyson
Krapp used the old TF6 none SP deck with a cut taken out of it to allow the front to flex more for steering and less at the rear for higher traction.

Personally would not read much into the top deck change as the Worlds was about keeping your tires working after a few rounds without goop etc etc.

The older TF6 deck carry better corner speed due to less flex again this more about the track / car setup / driving style think most of us run the new top deck style SP deck.

As for the flex screw aka the one which goes though the motor mount, this actually makes the car a lot more consistent to drive odd as it sounds by generating a lot more flex after back to back testing having some flex at that point in the car just was much better to drive.

Can uses a grub screw which is the fancy way personally using a about 1.5 or 2mm shim with the scew from the top of the mount going though the bottom of the chassis this stop too much flex in the car which could cause a lot more damage

Ok cool ..i got every top deck so i can experiment....i also just fed a screw down from the top at the front of the motor mount and have the bottom of the screw just peaking out the bottom of the chassis but its flush so its not sticking out too much......now i pretty much have all my back up parts.....just having trouble finding tf237 and tf226h at a decent price..