R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2004, 10:54 PM
TPhalen
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Nightbreed
can we trade lives? I have always wanted your job! You get all the cool stuff first? That's just wrong!
No thanks....not unless you work at the Playboy Mansion and make lots of money....then I might think about it

Originally posted by KilRuf
Hey Tony... I like the editable setup sheet! That's nice!!
Thanks.

Originally posted by Speedo
Tony, how do the triangle and circle shims work?
The arm mounts are now labeled with symbols instead of a letter....ie, the TC3 mounts were labeled F+2, F, R, and R3+2 (for instance). When someone asked you what F block you were running, you had to say F+0 or F+2, if you even knew what they meant.

The new labeling system is pretty cool. If you pay close attention to the labeling, you should be able to see where we 'pimped' the labels from.... Anyway, the labels are as follows: Triangle (replaces the F+2 block), Circle (replaces the F block), Square (replaces the R block), and X (replaces the R3+2 block). You will be able to run shims under each block (in .25" increments) to raise or lower the arm mounts for different situations. On the TC3, the standard height arm mount was great for asphalt, concrete, etc., but sucked for carpet. Most hardcore racers would mill down their blocks to lower the arm mounts for carpet....a task only the guys with milling machines could do. Now, that's a thing of the past.

Just alot more tuning adjustments for a wider range of surfaces.