Thread: 2012 worlds
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 12:49 PM
am
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hookem34
No doubt the top American drivers will adjust....just look at Tebo's Q2 time

Layout is lame, boring and does not flow well.....and that ridiculous bridge

It's just a Warm Up race, so no need to look to deep into it....
Ofcouarse the layaout is lame, it does not suit the Us guys.... LOL

And the worlds when Hara won in US? That track was awsome as it was made all US style.... I am sorry to say this but when Hara won, i loughed out cheering when watching. You guys had it in the bag well before the event started :-)

Now on the serious side, drivers are from differnt countrys are used to different style tracks. The only guys that will very seldom get to drive on a track they really are best at is the UK guys as there will never be an astroturf track as a worlds event. If that would ever happend, top three would be UK guys with Boots, Lee MArtin and Darren Bloomfiled.

Building a track that does not favor one or the other is very very difficult i belive. That is why a world event should be 8 days. From saturday until sunday week after. No free practice. Evryone get equally track time and have to figure out setup and tires on the way. Evry part should be public avalible on cars, tires and engines 3 months prior to the event. This would truly show who is at his best at that race. There is absolutly no reasson to bring prototype part to a worlds event as there is limited tracktime to evaluete parts, engines and tires anyway as you need multiple track surface and conditions for theese prototype parts to go productions.

For me, i perfer the Eurostyle tracks as that gives alot more close racing.