R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 08:29 AM
AZRC4Me
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lewis4x4
Most people tighten the screw on too tight which caused the shock to have enough play in it to rock back and forth. Now, when you tighten the screw on there tight, it allows the shock to have proper play.
Originally Posted by Cpt.America
As you tighten the nut, it will compress and expand the bushing inside the shock cap. Make sure they aren't so tight they bind the shock, and make sure they are equal left and right.
Cool, thanks guys, that's kinda what I figured but I knocked off last night at 11:30 before I could finish the shocks. Really nice build so far, what I expected. I did notice the front caster blocks fit fairly tight in the front arms with the new insert/bushing, so I sanded the inside of the arms a little bit to free them up. Other than that, I haven't had to do anything out of the ordinary. My kit didn't seem to have the slipper spacers for the spring in it either...? But I noticed from the manual the one that sits on the outside slipper disc looked very small compared to the older one. I never had an issue with the RB5 slipper, so I just used that with vented discs in this build. The larger diameter spring plate makes more sense to me as it would distribute the load more evenly across the slipper disc. Looking forward to running it this weekend!