R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 05:41 PM
pickled
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rockogtr
OK I got some questions for you guys!? Now remember this is my first build and dont know much about RC cars so feel free to flame away lol..

I got my kit yesterday and started assembling it today but i got a couple questions before i go any farther...First how did you guys get the rear tensioner to screw down i assembled it and went to screw it down to the chassis and it kept moving, i figured it would stop once i got it in far enough but the allen head on the bottom stripped and its still loose and just flopping around??
Ok bro you got to be less forceful with the screws I did the same thing with my first car. to start off the thread you need to put some force but once it's going in loosen your grip a little when you feel it start to tighten a little, turn maybe once more ? to fix the threaded hole get the screw and put a little super glue on the thread just so it fills maybe three threads then carefully screw it into the threaded hole being careful not to get super glue on the part just in the hole, wait till it dries then you can undo the screw and the super glue has replaced the missing threads, the screw should come out clean.

Last edited by pickled; 09-26-2012 at 10:54 PM.