R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 08:46 AM
cwoods34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by orcadigital
Yes, there is definitely some inconsistency there.

I am running 1000wt in the rear diff. I have not tried to narrow the rear with running the 3* blocks. I am not sure how I can and still maintain the 3* toe in?

Front is 1/1 right now, as I did not see a reason to build the toe into the suspension instead of at the wheel. Not that it is bad, it is just that I do not understand it. I was running 2.5/2.5 which really helped the car stick on our lower traction track. I will be interested to see how the current setup fairs.

I am on the second to inner most hole on the rear towers right now, 3rd from outer on the front. Using RSD springs, approximately 15.5lb front and 13.5lb rear.
I bought some of the super-slim XRAY hubs and drilled them out to fit the Serpent axles..... I would assume running XRAY rear axles would alleviate drilling. These hubs narrowed the rear by 4mm or so..... which helped with rear grip.

Also, I honestly would never run the rear shocks laid lower than the #4 hole.... MAYBE 3 with a harder spring. I have tested it laid down from 1-3 and it never made grip. You can lay a shock down so much that it never utilizes enough suspension movement.... The arms will "absorb" most of it, and the arms don't provide any weight transfer/dampening of sorts which mitigates grip.