R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3Racing Sakura Zero S
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 08:41 AM
FauxMako
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Waflet
Hideeho
I've been thinking seriously about getting into USVTA. I've looked @ several inexpensive cars (Sakura, tc4, sprint, etc). This is the one that looks to be the most promising. I've read through the last 100 pages or so & have a good idea of mods that need to be done off the bat (vmm, 19t front, al spur holder, etc), but one thing I read puzzles me. A few pages back there was a lengthy discussion about which servo saver is best (Tamiya hd). My question is, do you really need a servo saver? The reason I ask is one of the best mods to do to an AE b4.1 is a fixed metal link for the steering (avid, or now proline). This does not seem to be to much abuse in an offroad enviroment for even a semi decent solar servo with metal gears. This mod gives a MUCH better, more direct feel to the steering. Would this not be the same for onroad?
If you are running a heavy duty, off road class servo than you might be able to get away without a servo saver. Walls are harder than dirt and drain pipes. The reason we're suggesting a better servo saver is that the servo saver should only flex and give when you are hitting something hard enough to break the servo. If it's flexing during normal cornering than it's not stiff enough. If it's properly setup the servo saver will protect the servo and you won't feel the difference at all.