R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class
Old 09-19-2012, 09:33 AM
Das 1/8th Mopar
Tech Regular

Default not so much

Thanks for thinking of me and the MRP car. However at this time I feel our six feet are firmly planted in the Motonica car. It's a very good car stock out of the box, then you can make it better. I would say if you went to race a pan car, get a P8C and be done with it.

Originally Posted by hitcharide1
Right now I'm spitballing but here's the general idea. Tom's car, when it's running right, is nearly as quick down the backstraight as anything else on the track, and there's only a three tooth difference in spurs. Remember, we still intend to use gears, albeit single speed, but now we're only pushing a 5.25 pound car and we're doing it with a .21 vs. a .28, the .21 getting higher rpm. So my crude math skills plus general observation is that the gearing should neither dog nor wind out, plus we have gear options as well (and yes, I'm considering the difference between how it reacts as a 4wd vs. how it should a 2wd.)

If I have the thing built before February, I'll take it with me to the Winternats and run a few laps during practice. I know they aren't running pan down there but no reason I can't get a lap or two in, for testing purposes, and to make sure I'm on top of things before racing season starts up here.

By the way, I'm still trying to talk a guy on Ebay out of his MRP diff so I can complete a third GP180. I'd like to be able to sell at least one on Ebay, just so I know what the market worth of the thing is, but I haven't forgotten that you and Lon both want one, and we'll find a way to make that happen....