R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 08:04 AM
Marcos.J
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Thanks for that link Starling I need those for my limited edition coming to daytona??

Originally Posted by TimPotter
If you guys want to shave weight, then mount up some of the plastic parts from the "Sport Kit", like the swaybar holder. and as mentioned before, the spool. The plastic bearing blocks look like they would bolt right up as well. ( edit ) - forgot the plastic shock bodies as well.

Aluminum screws on the bottom, you guys are more hardcore then me. I would run ti up top and steel on the bottom, keep the weight as low as possible, and the steel are a ton more durable on the bottom.

Trackrods.... yeah. I have not had any luck with those ( Al ). I tend to hit pretty hard ( total commitment to the line - even if it is a bad one ) and I bend the aluminum ones.. I prefer Ti or Spring Steel.

No matter how light your car is... your still last if you can not finsih the run.
My LE 411 is at 1405grams with everything stock dont need it to be any lighter, well i could run a lightweight body

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Couple of pics, finally got the electronics in the car.

Trying to build a cost effective racer.

TQ Monkey Servo - MK811 - $50
Reventon R Speedo - $62
411 Sport - Not sure what the retail on this yet...

looking good Tim,! racing Daytona?? Got mine set up for MOD there hopefully a few show up for the class