R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies TC-FD carbon fiber wide angle CS steering rack
Old 09-16-2012, 10:59 PM
TheSCorpionKing
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Hot Bodies TC-FD carbon fiber wide angle CS steering rack

Introducing to the public my custom designed CF steering rack for the Hot Bodies TC-FD.

This item is a must have for any TC-FD set up for Counter Steer drifting. When used with modified stock steering blocks or Yokomo DRB steering blocks (recommended) you can achieve 45* of zero Ackerman steering angle.

Here is a comparison pic of the stock steering angle, and one running my CF rack and modified knuckles:

CNC cut from high grade 1/8" thick Carbon Fiber. The weave of this rack matches that of the factory HB chassis perfectly!

Some have reported stock cvd's work at such a high operating angle, but I have noticed heavy chatter with the stock cvd. I highly recommend the use of 44mm long wide angle cvds such as the ones offered by Overdose, Square, or Eagle. Yokomo DRB 44mm cvds will also work, but are considerably more expensive than the others listed.

I have 10+ in hand and ready to ship. Please PM for more info. Thanks for looking.

Last edited by TheSCorpionKing; 10-08-2012 at 08:07 PM.