R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF417
Thread: Tamiya TRF417
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 02:54 PM
CraigM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silverhkswrx
Speculation on the trf417v3 kit contents? 2.5mm hole-less lower, 2.5 mm upper, one piece servo mount, diff v3.0, aeration dampers, dcjs sounds about right.
No chance on those carbons, it'll be 2.25 lower and 2.0 upper. Dampers yes, shocks yes, servo mount yes, DCJs MAYBE - if so it'll come with steel spool cups as well. Diff will be the same, maybe the steel gears will be included but probably not since they are only really needed for mod.

Originally Posted by MatJ
Hi, just a few quick questions.
Ran the car on friday and felt even better then before. Previously I used to run Blue/Yellow springs and 1X/1F rear blocks, and now (Friday) I tried Blue/Blue springs and 1XF/1E. (This combination is slightly narrower than 1X/1F)
The car felt very good, and the tires were screeching a tiny bit in my last race even though I was running on very very old tyres !
The only problem I got was in mid corner , if I held the throttle for a litle too long in a corner, it would spin out at the very midle/exit or the corner. That wouldn't happen often but it did a few time on ONE corner, which was a medium sized corner, and the car would spin ou as described only in that corner.

My question was how could i maybe fix this ? Thought of going White/Blue springs ...
Any recomendation how to get the rear even more planted, or maybe abit more corner speed ?

Cheers
I don't think tamiya make a 1XF block. If they did it would be incredibly narrow. 1XA is the next narrowest block from X.

I would raise the height of your camber link on the front bulkhead by 0.5-1mm, it sounds like you are getting too much camber change at the front through that corner and making it bite. You could also try a bit more toe out at the front.