R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - lots of money = champion??
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2004, 08:31 AM
071crazy
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally posted by asw7576
lots of money = champion

Well, imo, depend on the class you will enter. If you race modified, then lots of money = champion it's true. ( I assume you are good driver with good setup just like the other racer ). Expensive stuffs will make you run faster, lighter, and longer run times.

If you race stock, then lots of money won't guarateed you champion. Excellent driving skill is the most important factor to guarantee podium place. For examples: the way you take corners, bypass other in corner, slow in fast out, tacking - in, etc.

Once I had race experience in TCS. My mini warrior is fully equiped with stuffs such as 3PK, LRP QC2, titanium screws, full of tamiya hop up options, matched GP 3300, CE 35 GFX charger, etc. But I could only get 3rd, while the 1st winner use Tekin BC112A, normal stick pack GP3300, Novak Cyclone and old FM transmitter. But he has superb driving skill, I have to admit it. I can't beat him in corners, this guy really push... and push.... his car until I finally give up So cool.

I think some of us would say that you've got things mixed up. Ironically, sometimes stock requires a larger monetary commitment than modified because your electronics become a limiting factor. If your modified car is a little slow but your set-up is on, you can compensate by going down a turn on your motor. In the case of stock, if you're slow with a good set-up, that usually means attaining higher performance from your electronics, which means buying bigger ticket batteries and spending more on motor parts (brushes, springs, etc). Or, it could mean that you've gotta spend cash to lighten your car as well. When your batteries start getting a little old, you have no little choice but to buy new packs (assuming that maintenance zapping isn't helping).