R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class
Old 09-12-2012, 10:09 PM
hitcharide1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Well

Here's the kicker. If contact is made between two cars, instead of assuming good faith screwup, sometimes both drivers assume the other guy did it intentionally. Now while I have seen some schmucks at the GLC who I'm pretty sure did it on purpose (not to me, of course, remember I graduated from the Rick Davis school of retribution...with honors..and can dish it out as well as I can take it, lol) a little courtesy would go a long way towards alleviating suspicion. Say for example, someone slightly taps you, knocking you into Canada with a few hundred dollars of damage...a "sorry!" would go a long way towards the person who got hit not spending the rest of the day planning just where to plant the explosives.

I don't get the qualifying either, but neither do I get the entire operation. You have a qualifier...and five minutes of warmup before. Some guys will try to hit that track for the full five min before, and run like a bat out of hell. First, it's freaking warmup. Second, if you don't have your stuff right before the qualifier, chances are that five minutes will only give you opportunity to screw your car up worse. Running as hard as you can the entire practice time seems like just asking for trouble.

Then of course, we have the weakly built 4wd's. They don't take much of a pounding, and sometimes what seems like a very minor hit does major damage, yet I don't see too many holding back in passing for that reason.

Which brings me back to pan...which are more durably built, which means you can have a little fun "muscling" another car around. Hey, sometimes rubbing is racing! It's also a lot more fun too, when you're just horsing around with the guys rather than trying to win, with some peculiar idea that the freedom of the world is settled by how you place.

You know, if I ramble long enough, I forget what the hell I was talking about...hmmm.