R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Passion Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 05:33 PM
bigtez
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by g12314
For 60ft straight, I would start with 30 degrees of timing and a 4.8 FDR (not 3.8FDR, ).

As already mentioned, having the green and yellow timing boards in your pit box will allow you to tailor the motor to just about any track. Green board would be more focused on BIG tracks and the Yellow board for smaller tracks.

Jimmy
Originally Posted by bigtez
Thanks Jimmy, Solara and M-Technic.

I have just ordered the green and yellow timing boards from the local Aussie warehouse, so hopefully they arrive before the weekend.
Originally Posted by bigtez
Need some advice with timing in 17.5 Blinky. I am running the Comp V3.0 MMM motor, Novak GTB2 esc and IP6800 70c batteries. The track is a medium sized asphalt track, with a 50-60ft straight and 13 corners of varying speeds (flat out sweepers to hairpins). Should I have any of the optional sensor units in my spares box?
Had my first run in 17.5 fixed on the weekend. I ended up at 3.9FDR and 30deg timing. Motor was at 50*C after 6min heat and I was still a little slow down the straight. Should I continue to gear up or should I be adding some more timing at this point? What difference is there between the two, if any?