R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - PROTOform Race Bodies
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 08:06 AM
EricPF
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys, thanks for replies. All great suggestions and questions!

Originally Posted by Racecarguy
Lightweight OVAL bodies!!!!!!!!
Lightweight oval bodies are something we've avoided in the past mostly because of durability issues (the bodies would probably only last a couple runs). The thinner lexan is also more expensive and needs to be bought in large quantities. Since oval is a relatively small market, this would increase the cost of the bodies substantially. But since this is one of the requests receive more than any other, we won't shut the door completely on the idea.

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
A. With ROAR requiring headlights on all vehicles, it would be nice if headlight decals were included in your 1/12th bodies.
B. Going a little further, a window trim decal in the 1/12th's would be appreciated as well.
C. Now that I am thinking about it, some dimples (ala the Black Art bodies) for the body posts in the 1/12th's for the most popular cars would be really nice as well.

Tell Dale to keep his head up and the fish on the molds. I have a ton of respect for him and am proud to race bodies promoted by a fellow Jesus lover.
RE: decals on 1/8th and 1/12th bodies, this is something we currently have in development and all future bodies in these classes will come with headlights. RE: dimples, with so many different chassis out there, many different locations would be needed which could create confusion for consumers. I relayed your note on the fish to Dale.

Originally Posted by Ruger1
I've been using your bodies since the NASCAR Lumina. Great bodies!
That brings us back! We truly appreciate your loyalty.

Originally Posted by JamesL_71
I would also love to see some new pan-car bodies... 12th, WGT, etc.
We definitely have some new pan-car bodies on the 'to-do' list. Stay tuned!

Originally Posted by bhambrent
I would like to see PROTOform SRS-N come out for 190mm tc.
The SRS has seen great success in Nitro Touring and this is another request we've received often. However, the aerodynamic features on it are specifically created for the needs of 200mm racing and in order for it to work well in the 190mm class, it would have to be altered drastically and probably wouldn't resemble the 200mm version you posted.

Originally Posted by samnelso
Do you CNC your vacuum form dies or hand cut them? Just wondering.
The processes have definitely evolved over the years, but Dale has been crafting the molds by hand ever since he started PROTOform 20 years ago.

Last edited by EricPF; 09-14-2012 at 09:04 AM.